Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Plug n play or lack of

Nothing about the Phantom is plug and play. I have had to make a connector for nearly addition and modification. When I needed a gimbal I needed to splice some wires and run them to the flight controller. The most challenging was the video hookup because it required some trial and error. The video hookup is for the DJI 5.8 gHz video transmitter. I had to take a 3.5 mm video jack and split off a video and ground wire. The result is a small connector that I would have paid for before I knew how to solder.

When I bought the parts to make the video connector there were two in the bag. I decided to sell one to see if I can make any money off parts. Hopefully this will save somebody some time.




Here is the Ebay listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161139036026?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649


No comments:

Post a Comment