Thursday, October 24, 2013

Motor quality

Quality is everything when you are talking about RC motors. My Phantom has Tiger Motors at $50 per motor they are considered very high end. I bought six lower end AX-2810Q-750KV motors from Hobby King. These motors ran me $20 apiece.  I noticed that one of the motors had it's E-clip jammed into the motor. It took me a good 10 minutes of prying to get it free. I have yet to fly. I am hoping that this was a fluke and that the motors perform to an acceptable level. 

If I had to do it over again I would have spent $60-$70 per motor and got myself more Tiger Motors. Unfortunately it takes at least 2-6 weeks to get anything from China. I waited for about a month for the motors that arrived yesterday. I wonder if I should just order a set now and save myself the trouble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment