Friday, October 25, 2013

Calibration and testing

Flying a multicopter is not something that you just go out and do; it is something that needs to be planned. The F550 is 98% complete. DJI came out with version 4.02 of it's Naza software today. I installed it and then could not get the F550's motors to start. It turns out that the transmitter was set up in reverse. I needed to figure that one out but at least everything is working properly.

I need to mount some of the lose electronics like the Naza's PMU and the GPS. The largest hurdle is still the Futaba transmitter. There are about 100 settings and each of them need to be specific to the F550's characteristics.

I also lost a prop nut when I did a motor test with propellers attached. It is a good thing that I have spare motors but I need to get a couple of 4mm prop nuts...from China. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment