Thursday, October 24, 2013

F550 build

I did 90% if an F550 build today. There are a couple of things that I need to get to complete the project. The motors I got did not come with mounting screws. Fortunately I found a source on Ebay that can have them to me by Saturday.

I made the build slightly more complicated than it needed to be when I added XT60 connectors to make the ESCs easier to remove. I did this because I much longer arms on the way. Adding connectors added more wire to the build. I might need to revisit this decision at a later date.

The GPS/Compass is not calibrating. It was probably exposed to a magnet. I will need to degauss it when I get a chance.

The biggest hurdle is the receiver/transmitter.  It is the one area that I have zero experience. I might have it flying by Saturday.




No comments:

Post a Comment